Cloud computing offers tremendous opportunities and return-on-investment, however, you need to approach this carefully, with a focus on goals and objectives.
For organizations to maximize value and mitigate risks, you need a process to prioritize, analyze and plan for the cloud. This includes managing and demonstrating results quantitatively, rather than subjectively.
Business Analysis, industry frameworks, methods, techniques and tools provide significant complementary information that can be used many ways to simplify data collection and analysis. Many of the tools are easily integrated and can be calibrated and configured to satisfy specific areas of interest and focus.
Key Questions We Answer:
- Is cloud computing right for your organization or application(s)?
- Which applications will have the highest payback from the IT and business perspectives?
- Are there specific functional and business opportunities?
- Where are the risks and can they be mitigated?
- Where are the boundaries of responsibility/ accountability?
- How can Enterprise Architecture approaches clarify and enable complex shared data analytics initiatives?
- How do you plan and estimate for the cloud migration?
- How do you plan and estimate, if developing services?
- What types and methods for the cloud are your best alternatives?
- What asset management and brokering capabilities are required to be developed or integrated?
- What are key considerations for accountability, governance and SLAs?
- What are the most important SLA metrics and detail definitions including remediation?
- What are key considerations for privacy, security and policy?
- Can you demonstrate and quantify return-on-investments and values realized?
Cloud Perspectives offers a variety of cloud analysis offerings, from a corporate cultural readiness perspective to a lower level of detail, highlighting specific business sets of data and functions (including middleware and services) that need special cloud considerations. This plan and roadmap for cloud computing helps focus and drive your cloud initiative to realize real benefits, while managing risks. Our cloud assessment contains over 800 questions and considerations, customized for your organization’s particular focus and expectations.
industry proven models, tools and frameworks, Cloud Perspectives is uniquely
positioned to analyze and provide vendor-neutral, third-party advice for your
cloud computing initiatives, to maximize return-on-investment, time-to-value
and mitigate risk.